The name Carso is derived the Piemontese dialect (Cors and it is one of the historic vineyards located within the village of Barbaresco.
Our Carso vineyard has been owned by our family since the 1950’s and it is located above the fortress of Barbaresco. Our vineyard parcel is South facing and comprises 1.10 hectares (2.72 acres). The soil was formed during the Tertiary (Cenozoic) period approximately seventy-million years ago as a result of marine sedimentation founder under the ocean which covered all of our land. The soil composition includes sand and marl and we have Dolcetto and Chardonnay planted here.